Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year, New Goals!

Happy New Year, guys! I hope you're ready for a cliché post about resolutions, 'cuz that's what you're getting. I've never actually made legitimate New Year resolutions before, so this year will be a first for that among many other things. Have you guys ever set and stuck with your resolutions? If so, leave me a tip!

Number one: Maintain a true vegetarian lifestyle!
I've always wanted to become a vegetarian.. but when your mom is the one cooking the meals, you kind of just eat what you get. Since I started dieting this past summer, I began preparing my own meals. This is especially true now that I am completely gluten-free. I'm interested to see how this goal pans out. Today, for instance, I was googling tuna recipes until I realized that tuna was meat! That was a close one. ;) I've actually never quite liked the taste of meat, anyway, so I don't think I will miss eating it that badly. I foresee much tofu in my future.

Number two: Get workin' on my fitness again.
Over the summer when I lost all my weight, I was super good about running and doing basic things like sit-ups, push-ups, etc.. But since school started and the weather has gotten colder, I've gotten continuously lazier. Elizabeth and I are currently looking into joining a gym and we are going to try to hold each other accountable to working out a few times a week. Right now we are leaning toward Vision Quest, because they currently have no starting fee and they only ask $20 a month, versus the Y which wants us to pay $40. I choose the poor-man's gym. Take a look at my ultra buff arms, I gotta keep workin' these puppies!

Number three: Take more photos!
I love photography. I'm not the best at it, but I consider it one of my hobbies. Going through my Facebook albums, I see a million pictures from last school year and this past summer. Where are the photos of this year? There's hardly any! You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. I don't know how true  that is, but I bet most of you would rather see photos than read one of my long, boring posts. One of my New Year goals is to document more of my life in photos. So expect to see plenty on my blog!


How about you? Have you set any goals? Anything I can possibly give you some pointers on? Leave me a comment and show me that I'm not writing for a nonexistent audience. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I guess I haven't really thought about it much. You know when you're as perfect as me, what resolutions can one have! Lol!

    ReplyDelete