Saturday, December 31, 2011

Super Easy, Super Weird, Spinach Smoothie!


     Hey guys! The past couple of days have been spent at my dad's house experimenting with food since I decided to become completely gluten free and vegetarian. As silly as it may seem for a seventeen year old boy to be so caught up in making he sure he gets the right amount of every nutrient, I'm proud of my hard work! My latest concoction is a smoothie containing a few random ingredients I found around the kitchen. I didn't have a wide selection, so I had to get creative. Obviously I am not the authority when it comes to smoothies or recipes, but I had fun being resourceful with everyday things you can find in your fridge to make a yummy breakfast. Thought I'd share!

What you will need:
  • 1 apple
  • 1 banana
  • 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
  • 1½ cups unsweetened chocolate almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter of your choice
  • 1 cup of ice
   
    You can be super creative with your ingredients, depending on what you have laying around in your kitchen! I used chocolate almond milk simply because it sounded yummy, but any milk flavor should be all the same! Also, I used Trader Joe's Valencia Peanut Butter with roasted flax seeds but obviously you can use any peanut butter or peanut butter substitute of your choosing. Lastly, pick whatever fruit you want! I wouldn't suggest adding more fruit, as it is very sweet already, but you can substitute whatever fruit you have handy. The main point of the smoothie is to incorporate some more green into your morning routine. That reminds me! If you are worried about not liking the spinach tastes; don't be! The fruit taste takes over most of the flavor. :)

Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! Way to get eat your spinach! Popeye would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's what I'm goin' for! ;)

    ReplyDelete